I’ve done different versions of this in 2019, 2018, 2016, 2011 and 2009. The questions vary sometimes, but I’m staying with last year’s set (with an added Covid one!) for now.
Using only books you have read this year (2020), answer these prompts. Try not to repeat a book title. (Links in the titles will take you to my reviews where they exist)
- In high school I was The Girl with the Louding Voice (Abi Daré)
- People might be surprised by The Rapture (Claire McGlasson)
- I will never be Just Like You (Nick Hornby)
- My life in lockdown was like Swallowing Mercury (Wioletta Greg)
- My fantasy job is The Memory Police (Yoko Ogawa)
- At the end of a long day I need Reasons to be Cheerful (Nina Stibbe)
- I hate being Spoon-Fed (Tim Spector)
- Wish I had The Memory of Babel (Christelle Dabos)
- My family reunions are Feast Days (Ian MacKenzie)
- At a party you’d find me with Piranesi (Susanna Clarke)
- I’ve never been to Graves End (William Shaw)
- A happy day includes Exciting Times (Naoise Dolan)
- Motto I live by: Never Mind (Edward St Aubyn)
- On my bucket list is The Cake Tree in the Ruins (Akiyuki Nosaka)
- In my next life, I want to have Daughters (Lucy Fricke)
What fun! Feel free to have a go too.
38 thoughts on “My Life in Books – the 2020 version”
I like your motto, Annabel, but sorry about life in lockdown! I love these posts. Saving mine for my last of the year.
So glad it’s not real! 😀
Thanks for reminding me of this tag! I love these. Am particularly amused by the idea of people being mildly surprised by the Rapture…
That is so clever – how lond did it take you to come up with those? I can feel a lot of procrastination fun coming on with this tag!
I can’t claim I wrote any of these other than the lockdown one. I have no idea who compiled them originally. Anything not to have to sit down and actually write reviews though! 😀
What a fun meme! If I have time…..
Go on, I know your choices will be interesting! 😀
This is a really good, fun meme. I wonder if I will have time to squeeze it in.
It is fun. Needn’t take long….
I’ve been doing some heavy reading and writing, so it was nice to have some fun, thank you!
Hmm, maybe, maybe…
Last year I did one like this with different questions. Maybe I’ll do it again and incorporate some of yours!
Thank you! That was fun.
Great answers. I’m thinking of doing mine – adding in your Covid question if that’s OK?
I’m astounded to find we both had the same book for the first prompt. I wonder which of us had the loudest voice?? I bet teachers were glad if they only had one of us in their class !
I’ve been needing something lighter and easier to get through me Dec – so thank you for the inspiration 🙂
Great prompts! Here’s mine: http://bibliographicmanifestations.blogspot.com/2020/12/my-life-in-books-2020.html
Oh this is absolutely marvelous!!! I am so going to do it. Will link back to you.
This was so much fun to do on a Saturday morning!
Here’s mine My life in Books 2020
How fun this is! I think I’ll work on this, too.
I loved your prompts and added them to my 2020 reading roundup https://chasida.blogspot.com/2021/01/2020%20Reading%20Roundup.html