Rather than do the first lines meme that’s currently going around, I thought I’d resurrect another old one which is also good fun…
Using only books you have read this year, answer these questions. Try not to repeat a book title. It’s a lot harder than you think!
* Describe Yourself: Shopgirl (Steve Martin)
* How do you feel: Messy (Tim Harford, not yet reviewed)
* Describe where you currently live: Old Buildings in North Texas (Jen Waldo)
* If you could go anywhere, where would you go: The Nakano Thrift Shop (Hiromi Kawakami)
* Your favorite form of transportation: A Short Walk in the Hindu Kush (Eric Newby)
* Your best friend is: Gorsky (Vesna Goldsworthy)
* You and your friends are: Lying in Wait (Liz Nugent)
* What’s the weather like: Snow (Marcus Sedgwick)
* Favorite time of day: The Light of Day (Eric Ambler)
* If your life was a: Multiple Choice (Alejandro Zambra)
* What is life to you: A Way of Life, Like Any Other (Darcy O’Brien)
* Your fear: Don’t turn out the light (Bernard Minier)
* What is the best advice you have to give: The Wicked go to Hell (Frédéric Dard)
* Thought for the Day: Mend the Living (Maylis de Kerangal)
* How I would like to die: Spill Simmer Falter Wither (Sara Baume)
* My soul’s present condition: Half Lost (Sally Green)
9 thoughts on “My Life According to Books I Have Read”
That’s a fun meme, Annabel! 🙂
Can’t remember where I got it from originally – it’s not mine!
Love the last two answers especially Annabel! Very original idea.
Sometimes, it’s hard to make good matches with book titles – but it worked really well this time didn’t it!
Haha! I love this! How I wish life really was multiple choice… 😉 I can see I’m going to spend hours trying to make my own list – festive fun!
Do have a go – I’d love to see your answers.
What a fun idea! I can’t begin to imagine how I would answer most of these…
That’s so clever!!