Thank you to everyone who has joined in the week of reading and talking about my favourite author – the week has gone so fast. A particular thank you to those who’ve been able to read and review books list below – very much appreciated. However, there have been some great discussions here and on twitter and I hope that for those of you yet to read any of his works – that you may be encouraged to give him a try one – and talking of that, here’s…
When 4-3-2-1 came out and I came into London to meet Auster at Faber’s HQ (yes, I know – I can’t stop going on about it), I went to the LRB Bookshop around the corner afterwards and they had an Auster promotion on. I bought 3 paperbacks, thinking I’d make space on my shelves by selling my first edition hardbacks of these three titles. What was I thinking!!! So I’ve still got those three brand new paperbacks – and I’m going to give them away. They are Timbuktu with its dog narrator (Rebecca’s review here), The Brooklyn Follies which is fab and funny, and Report from the Interior (Rebecca’s review here)- his most recent volume of memoir.
Simply say which one you’d prefer in the comments, or leave me to make a choice.
Sorry – UK only I’m afraid, I can’t afford overseas postage. The giveaway will end on Friday 28th.
Paul Auster Reading Week – the Reviews List:
- The Invention of Solitude by MarinaSofia
- The New York Trilogy – Rebecca and Harriet
- City of Glass – the graphic novel – Me
- The Music of Chance – Jonathan at Intermittencies of the Mind
- Oracle Night – Rebecca at Bookish Beck
- The Brooklyn Follies – Me
- Man in the Dark – Me
- Invisible – Cathy at 746 Books
- Winter Journal – Rebecca at Bookish Beck
- Report from the Interior – Memoir – Rebecca at Bookish Beck
- A Life in Words – Conversations with IB Siegumfeldt – Me
A huge THANK YOU to all the reviewers above (links will be added to my PARW Project Page up top. I probably won’t run it again next year, but it’s a distinct possibility for the year after…
Do keep adding any late reviews and thoughts, as this post will remain sticky until the giveaway is over.