I’m not good at challenges and planning ahead of my reading – see all my project tabs up top and the last time I updated them! Hence my main reading resolution for 2017 has a new mantra:
Read where the mood takes me.
However, I can qualify that a bit:
- Having taken over as one of the hosts of the TBR Dare, I can’t not take it seriously. I have a whole host of review copies I really do want to read plus book group titles for Jan/Feb already on hand and meeting the dare criteria of being in my TBR before the end of December.
- In between those though, I *WILL* read from my shelves. I’m determined to keep to it (bar book group title for March if needed).
BTW – It’s not too late to join in the TBR Dare…
- I am just about to plunge into the first part of Paul Auster’s 4 3 2 1 as I’m a member of the Faber Reading Group for this. (See here for more info on that).
- As outlined in my stats yesterday, although my TBR shelves are groaning with new to me authors, at the moment I do feel an urge to read more back-list titles from known to me authors, coincidentally starting with Lucky Jim by Kingsley Amis for Book Group, which I’ve been meaning to read for years.
- This would be an ideal time to restart my reading of Powell’s A Dance to the Music of Time sequence. I started in Jan 2015 and did the first four books in the first four months then got waylaid and haven’t resumed. My reviews of those four got lost when I moved my blog, so reposting them from my archive may get me in the mood to resume with Casanova’s Chinese Restaurant.