HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I’m not good at making, or keeping, New Year’s resolutions, but looking at my figures from last year, there are some obvious directions for me to aim at in my 2009 reading.
I resolve to read:
- more books from my TBR mountains – goes without saying really …
- more books published before I was born;
- the Canongate Myths series – I’ve got them all, but not started yet;
- more world & translated fiction – loads of scope for great crime novel reading here too … I’ve tons of Wallander, Camillieri and Simenon to read for starters. (The Maigret novels are both short and pub before 1960, so qualify twice!);
- more Non-fiction – I’ve tons of biographies to catch up on, plus some interesting science-based books amongst others on the shelves or in the piles.
I think that’s enough – else I’m in danger of having set myself a real challenge! One other thing, I’m going to try to be a bit more ruthless about what I keep once read. Here’s some of what I plan to read next …