I have been invited to be ‘tagged if in the mood’ by the blog phenomenon that is http://meandmybigmouth.typepad.com/scottpack/ having left a comment asking him to comment on my blog. He graciously did so – twice – Thank you very muchly indeed Scott.
The rules for this are:
1. Link to your tagger (see above).
2. Share 7 facts about yourself – some weird and some random (see below).
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post.
4. Let them know they’ve been tagged by commenting on their blog.
I’m sorry – I’m new to the blog world, and have yet to make enough blog friends that I would be happy tagging – I’m only doing bits 1 and 2, so this one stops here, unless you’d like to comment and take on the challenge …
So here are my 7 facts:
1. About 20 years ago I got Phil Collins to sign his autograph in the address section of my filofax – he declined to fill in the other bits. This was in Edinburgh, he was starting a fun run, we were being touristy walking past.
2. I applied to go on Brain of Britain on Radio 4, but only got half marks in the test.
3. I did manage to get on a short-lived TV quiz show in the 1980s. The host was a young Richard Madeley – a bit up himself I thought then. What was embarrassing was the number of acquaintances and colleagues who actually saw the thing – I lost but only just – it was all on the last question – honest guv!
4. I only passed my car driving test in 2000 at 7 months pregnant.
5. My favourite vegetables are runner beans – when they’re picked fresh from the garden.
6. As a teenager in the 1970s, it was David Cassidy on my walls – much better than the Osmonds or heaven forbid Bay City Rollers!
7. The last time I played the violin properly was in the 2nd violins in a scratch invitation orchestra (The Salomen) in about 1980. The concert was at St John’s, Smith Square and we played Mahler. I wore a bright green floral maxi dress from Laura Ashley – the conductor was a young Simon Rattle.
That’s all for now folks.