Among all my recent ‘lost posts’ (more on that here), are some older series which I’d like to add back into the blog. I plan to add each series of posts back into their original places in the timeline with comments disabled, but with a live linking post here.
The first lot I’m republishlng are those on Ephemera, including a series called The World of Ephemera from 2010, and a few other posts on the subject. This post collects them all together.
I’m descended from a line of ephemera collectors – my late mum collected postcards, clipped newspapers, and kept all manner of bits of paper and most of these posts concern found papers of hers. I have found it impossible to
throw these away recycle or ‘Kondo‘ many of these papers, although I have whittled them down. I like to keep ticket stubs and other interesting papers from holidays too – it’s in my genes!
So here are all the links – I hope you enjoy the posts (again):
- In praise of good old fashioned autograph books (Aug 2010)
- Boring Postcards redux (Aug 2010)
- My new favourite word – Introduction to the series (Sept 2010)
- The World of Ephemera #1: Knitting (Sept 2010)
- The World of Ephemera #2: Spoof letter (Oct 2010)
- The World of Ephemera #3: The Department at Work (Oct 2010)
- The World of Ephemera #4: Childhood Drawing (Oct 2010)
- The World of Ephemera #5: Medical Matters (Nov 2010)
- The World of Ephemera #6: Family Photos (Nov 2010)
- The World of Ephemera #7: The word is ‘dirndl’ (Nov 2010)
- The World of Ephemera #8: Wool (Dec 2010)
- The World of Ephemera #9: Cockney (Dec 2010)
- The World of Ephemera: Ballet & Mitford (Oct 2014)
- Some fascinating found marginalia (Dec 2014)