I nearly always fail when I set resolutions, so no reading resolutions for 2018. Instead, I shall have reading ‘try harders’.
In 2018, I will try harder to read:
- From my TBR – I own more books than I have time to read before I die!
- From my TBR – I need to save money. I will buy fewer books – especially hardbacks.
- From my TBR – which is stuffed with lots of great books in translation – from Europe and beyond.
- From my TBR – which also has tons of good non-fiction which I increasingly enjoy.
And as I need the space…
- When I have read a book, I will be more choosy about those I keep.
- I will continue to gently prune my library.
Obviously I will still read review copies and have to buy some Book Group reads and I’m sure I will succumb to buying some other books, However, I’m hoping that by having these ‘try harder’ thoughts to nudge me, that I will be able to embody the general principles of the TBR Dare, which we didn’t set up formally this year, and extend that further as a reading way of life.