It’s the first day of advent, and it was Cadburys for breakfast for daughter Juliet. When I was little, there was no chocolate involved in advent calendars. But enough of that humbug! …
My blog’s first competition closed yesterday and tis time to find out who won. Firstly thank you to everyone who entered. I made the draw this lunchtime, and first out of the hat came Denise, and runner-up was Michaela. I’ve emailed both of you and a selection of my handsewn Christmas decorations will be on their way to you as soon as you send me back your mailing details – Congratulations!
In case you’re interested, the answers to the questions were:
1. Which broadcaster’s current Christmas book is subtitled: ‘Food, Family, Friends, Festivities’? – Nigella Lawson
2. In which book by the author of ‘Sophie’s World’ does Joachim discover things going on behind the windows of his advent calendar? – The Christmas Mystery by Jostein Gardner
3. Whose ‘Father Christmas’ is bald, always grumpy and moaning about ‘Blooming snow’? – Raymond Briggs
4. What is the name of Ebenezer Scrooge’s downtrodden clerk in Dickens’ ‘A Christmas Carol’? Bob Cratchit
5. Who wrote a hilarious book of school nativity play anecdotes called ‘A Wayne in a Manger’? – Gervase Phinn