I couldn’t wait! Just back from the first screening (bar last night’s midnight one) at my local cinema of Star Trek: Into Darkness, the second outing for the young classic Trek crew.
I’m not going to tell you any of the story except that Benedict Cumberbatch, with a spectacularly basso profundo voice, was truly wonderful as Kirk’s adversary. However everything else was in place – here are a few slightly cryptic notes:
- The crew from the previous movie are all present and correct;
- Kirk breaks the prime directive – again;
- Uhura and Spock have sparks flying off them!
- There are plenty of laughs;
- Simon ‘Fat boy’ Pegg gets to do lots of running as Scotty;
- The Enterprise gets shot up of course;
- It’s no tribble at all for Bones;
- Future adventures are (retrospectively) set up, and references abound;
- Spock gets to be an action hero – he melds, he pinches … and he cries.
LOVED IT!!! Want to see it again.