It was a relatively quiet #ReadingBeryl23 week this time, although livelier on socials, as having her birthday in the middle of the week brought up a plethora of other tweets etc. I owe a huge thank you to Maureen, whose short piece about meeting Beryl on a writing course got us started, and also those below who contributed reviews, and if I’ve left you off, please do comment below or send me a link.
- Harriet Said – Bookish Beck
- The Dressmaker – Book Around the Corner
- Sweet William – Marina Sofia
- An Awfully Big Adventure – Madame Bibi & AnnaBookBel
- Every Man for Himself – Books Please
- The Girl in the Polka Dot Dress – AnnaBookBel
Amazingly, I still have four of Beryl’s novels yet to read: The Dressmaker, Young Adolf, Watson’s Apology and According to Queeney; plus her short stories and some non-fiction, and Brendan King’s biography. I might tick them off in future years around her birthday…