Just back from a visit to my Mum’s house to do some serious sorting out. It took my sister-in-law and I all afternoon just to go through the cupboards in her tiny kitchen! We found some absolute wonders which I’ll share with you over the coming weeks when I haven’t prepared a bookish post.
Today, firstly, I’d like offer an apology on behalf of my late mother … I know you’re not meant to ‘borrow’ airline cutlery, but you can never have enough teaspoons, or know when they’ll come in useful! However, if any of the airlines involved below would like theirs back, do contact me …
As you’ll see, there’s a bit of a theme going on – from the left …
- Dan-Air – absorbed into BA in 1992;
- British Caledonian – absorbed into BA in 1988;
- Iberia – still going – although nearly merged into BA once;
- British Airways x 2 teaspoons.
Now onto the forks.
- British European Airways (BEA) merged with BOAC to become BA;
- British Overseas Airways Company (BOAC) merged with BEA to become BA;
- British Midland – now called BMI but still going;
- and finally, British Airways again.