My blog began (in its original guise) on September 15th 2008, so today is it eleven years old. I went looking for information on the number eleven and amongst all the gobbledegook of ‘Angel numbers’ and the like, one thing stands out:
11 is the first double-digit PRIME number
So I’d like to think that today, my blog is really reaching its prime!
To everyone who visits and comments, who reads my posts whether here, or there by engaging via Facebook, Twitter etc.
I love you all! xx
To celebrate this ‘prime’ milestone, a GIVEAWAY!
One lucky reader will win their choice of the six novels shortlisted for this year’s Booker Prize. They are:
- Margaret Atwood (Canada), The Testaments (Vintage, Chatto & Windus)
- Lucy Ellmann (USA/UK), Ducks, Newburyport (Galley Beggar Press
- Bernardine Evaristo (UK), Girl, Woman, Other (Hamish Hamilton)
- Chigozie Obioma (Nigeria), An Orchestra of Minorities (Little Brown)
- Salman Rushdie (UK/India), Quichotte (Jonathan Cape)
- Elif Shafak (UK/Turkey), 10 Minutes 38 Seconds in This Strange World (Viking)
Just leave a comment with your choice of book and why you picked it.
This giveaway is only open to those countries included in the Book Depository’s free P&P. It closes at midnight GMT on Sept 21st. (I reserve the right to source the book from the cheapest source, and may select an ‘as new’ copy if available/cheaper).