August is Women in Translation month hosted by Meytal at Biblibio, and I’m busy scouring the shelves for a couple of books to read.
Meanwhile, here are links to all the WIT books I’ve read since last August – it’s not a long list, but is more than last year.
- The Awakening of Miss Prim by Natalie Sanmartin Fenollera (Spanish, trans Sonia Soto)
- Gut by Giulia Enders (German, trans David Shaw) – non-fiction.
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying by Marie Kondo (Japanese, trans Cathy Hirano) – non-fiction
- Mend the Living by Maylis de Kerangal (French, trans Jessica Moore)
- The Life of Elves by Muriel Barbery (French, trans Alison Anderson)
- The Wonderful Adventure of Nils Holgersson by Selma Lagerlöf (Swedish, trans Paul Norlén) – a children’s classic
- No and Me by Delphine de Vigan (French, trans George Miller)
and one written jointly by husband and wife:
- Where there’s love, there’s hate by Adolfo Bioy Casares and Silvina Ocampo (Spanish, Trans Suzanne Jill Levine & Kessica Ernst Powell)